Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mostly Ups and Downs

Maybe Ely's antics are getting boring for some of you all, but I can't help but get excited when I see her acting like her old self! The down of yesterday and today (which made me laugh a little (I know, mean seeing eye human): I was sitting in the living room, wondering where she was at. I finally went to the back to the house to look and she was standing behind the open bedroom door, nose pointed towards crack, just waiting to get the chance to join the rest of us. She was just standing there, so alert!

Now, some ups:
Ely and I had some BB (before blindness) routines. One of these was that after her breakfast, she would lay on my bed and watch me get ready, while waiting patiently for pets. Or she would just lay there, look comfortable, and lure me back to bed. I've suspected she may have been on my bed, but doesn't seem likely, AB (after blindness). I was getting ready yesterday morning, she walks into my room very confidentially and jumps right on my bed. No hesitation! I squealed in delight, freaking her out a bit, but she soon got comfy and waited for her pets. She later jumped down with equal confidence.

BB, Ely typically slept in two places at night, on my bed or on a little rug about 4' x 2' by my bed. AB, she's only slept on the rug. Which makes total sense, she can feel it, etc. Yesterday, Ely was having a sleepover with her best dog friend, Tobey. When I went to bed last night Tobey had stolen Ely's spot on the rug. I didn't think much of it, Ely was laying in the hallway, half in my room. When I woke up in the middle of the night to make a bathroom run, I flipped the light on as to not step on a pooch. Tobey was still in his original spot and Ely laid down next to him, snuggled up on the little rug! So sweet!

Finally, this evening, Ely initiated playing with Tobey! I haven't seem them do that in awhile. So, mostly ups today!

No comments:

Post a Comment